Karl D. Forth
Top reasons to
go to Las Vegas
Here are my top reasons to go
to AWFS Fair July 15-18:
● It’s the biggest woodworking trade
show in North America this year.
● Check out the New Product Show-
case and the First-Time Exhibitor
● You can’t put off buying that sander
● You’ve always wanted to see New
Kids on the Block. Their show is on
July 11 at the Palms. Or see Donnie
and Marie or Penn and Teller the
week of the show.
● A full schedule of 50 educational
seminars on timely subjects is
● Don’t wait in the Green Room. Take
your green question and ask an
expert at the Green Desk.
● Grapple with the issues of the day
with others in the industry.
● I’ve seen hotel rates in Las Vegas as
low as $16 a night. You can’t even
stay in Branson for that, pardner.
● Find out which innovative products
are AWFS Sequoia Awards winners,
and then see the winners on the
Q: Why spend
money in 2009?
● If you don’t want to stay in a big ho-
tel on the strip, you can buy a house
in Las Vegas real cheap.
● Speaking of buying, equipment
exhibitors will be receptive to any
offers for machines that will be dis-
played at the Las Vegas Convention
Center. Leave extra space in your El
Camino to take that dowel inserter
● Hey, you said you weren’t busy this
● Get a close look at the Fresh Wood
Student Competition that high-
lights top designs and construction
from high school and college-level
● See the Belt Sander Racing Assn.’s
National Championship, to be held
during the show.
● Find out how others in woodworking
businesses like yours have survived.
● You haven’t been to the Las Vegas
Conventional Center in a while.
● Find out what 107F feels like.
● Develop a strategy for your busi-
ness’s success over the next year.
● See the smartShop, a fully opera-
tional cabinet shop, in action on the
● After making it through the past
year, you need a little fun.
We hope to see you at AWFS in July.
We hope you’ll make the trip.
Why spend money on trade shows,
marketing and advertising in 2009?
The answer: 2010!